Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On the awakening...

I had a rather odd weekend. After a rough week at work I was tired and sore, in more than one way. So I went to bed Friday night determined to stay home from work on saturday. I felt I had enough OT during the week and needed to recover.

Saturday morning I awakened at around 8:30 am and stumbled to the couch to relax and watch a little bit of TV. I had recorded an episode of "Who's Line is it anyway?" while at work on Friday. Apparently I still had a bit of sleep in me as I soon fell asleep on the couch. When I awakened on the couch I coudn't move. It wasn't like the time I had muscle spasms in my back and couldn't move without severe pain. I didn't feel anything at all. I tried to get up but there was no movement of any sort. I tried to concentrate on getting up and going to the kitchen, and I could almost swear I felt my feet pacing on the carpet, but I was still in that petrified state on the couch. I tried to look around but was frozen in place. I could not even move my head.

I was facing the TV, the blue screen indicating the recorded program had played through. It seemed like hours I lay there on the couch and I was starting to feel a little bit concerned, though strangely not panicked. I didn't really think of much of anything other than "What the hell is going on?"

Then I awakened on the couch. I was a little bit nonplussed but otherwise well. The TV was still on, a blank blue screen indicating the show was over. The clock on top of the TV read 10:30am. I was still a bit sore from the week's work. I got up, called the job to tell them I would not be there and left town for my niece's college graduation party.

No comments:

Post a Comment